What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic appliance composed of a progressive series of transparent aligners, also called masks, whose function is to straighten the teeth and solve the various dental malocclusions (problems in the closure of the teeth between the upper arch and the lower arch ). In this article, we read about How much does Invisalign cost?
The aligners are thin transparent films in hypoallergenic “plastic” material (I have never encountered nausea or intolerances in my patients) that wrap the teeth over their entire surface: easy to put on and above all to remove they must be worn, to ensure perfect functioning, ideally 22 hours a day and removed only for eating and for daily oral hygiene.
The treatment is painless, although sometimes there may be a slight soreness or minor discomfort during the days of changing the mask. In addition, it does not affect the person’s way of speaking or his phonetics: often (usually the first few days), the patient finds some slight difficulty in pronouncing some phonemes such as s and z, but this “defect” passes completely with the advance of the days. Depending on the case, the masks must be changed every 7 or 14 days, autonomously, for a period between 12 and 18 months. The meetings in the office, on the other hand, depending on the case, tend to take place once a month.
How does Invisalign work?
So here are the first doubts dispelled. I summarize them for you to make them even more straightforward:
Invisalign is an actual removable orthodontic appliance;
Invisalign is entirely transparent and painless, so it minimizes embarrassment and annoyance;
The Invisalign is a “conceptually fixed” device because it requires the collaboration of the patient, who must keep it at least 22 hours a day and remove it only for meals and to maintain his cleaning routine;
Invisalign comprises transparent polymer masks to be changed every 7/14 days for a period ranging on average between 12 and 18 months.
However, the aforementioned typical patient had also asked another question: how much does Invisalign cost? And I would add, are there different types?
How much does Invisalign cost? Types and prices
It is often mistakenly thought that Invisalign is a product (synonymous with “transparent appliance”) to be grabbed at the best price on the market. Of course, the cost is essential, but here the assumption is wrong. Invisalign is, in fact, a genuine brand, the most famous of the transparent aligners. The first piece of advice I would like to give you is this: the lowest price does not always guarantee the same results. When it comes to health, it is crucial to rely on a professional, and in this case, a professional who is also an Invisalign Provider, expert in this field. But not only that: it is always a medical treatment, everyone can solve your case in a different way to rely on someone you trust because the result is strictly dependent operator.
But to return to the patient in search of information, it is time to go into detail and find out not only how much Invisalign costs but how many types exist and what differences they have.
These are the prices and features of the Invisalign packages:
- I7 treatment use for very small orthodontic relapses. Such as a tooth that has moved or the finishing of tiny imperfections. Consisting of up to 7 aligners for two series.
Average price: from 1000 to 2000 euros.
- Lite treatment: used for simple cases, with the possibility of using up to 14 aligners. Per series for a maximum of 3 series within two years of starting treatment. After this period, the treatment considers closed and can no longer reopen. Recommended for simple cases and very cooperative patients
Average price: from 2500 to 3500 euros.
- Complete treatment: used for most clinical cases, it is an “all inclusive” package. That allows you to perform infinite aligners for infinite series. Up to a maximum of 5 years from the beginning of the treatment.
Average price: from 4000 to 6000 euros.
- Teen treatment: same features and prices as the full one, but tailor-made to adapt to teenagers’ teeth.
Average price: from 4000 to 6000 euros.
- First treatment: special for children aged 6 to 12 with mixed dentition (milk teeth and permanent teeth). It is a pre-orthodontic treatment (Invisalign Teen) to solve or intercept problems. That prevents normal development of the teeth or use as a brace functional to promote mandibular repositioning. It has a shelf life of 18 months with infinite aligners.
Average price: from 2500 to 3000 euros.
- Vivera restraint: final night restraints to keep teeth straight after the end of the treatment.
Average price: cost from 500 to 600 euros.
Also read: how to write a cheque